Downtown Wooster Walking Tour: Tour season is in full swing. As of July we are still working out some issues with our calendar/ticketing platform synching. Call or email us with a date you’d like to take the tour: Barb@WoosterFoodTours.com or 330-495-0929. Tours are available Monday-Saturday afternoons or weekday evenings. Enjoy visits to a variety of restaurants and stop at points of interest along the way. Meet restaurant owners and chefs, enjoy socializing with friends, or meet new people on your tour. Discover fun facts and trivia about downtown Wooster and surrounding region.
BOOK YOUR OWN: Typical tour times: 1pm-4pm Tues-Sat afternoon or 5:30-9pm weekday evenings. Start times for group tours can vary.
WHERE TO MEET
St. Paul Hotel Lobby (203 Market St. in Wooster). Click on the “Where to Meet & Park” tab for a map and directions.
All eyes on you: Small groups get personal attention from chefs/business owners/artists.
Enjoy a series of chef’s choice small plates and numerous stops on your tour—select the “Eat” tab for further details.
This tour starts at 1 p.m. or 5:30pm and lasts 3 hours
- Chef’s choice of small plates served throughout your tour add up to the equivalent of a full meal.
- Chefs typically serve a popular menu item, a seasonal special, or their own “food tour” creation. Giving chefs creative freedom is part of the fun of a food tour.
- Because we do not order from the menu, please alert us to food allergies or preferences (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free) when you register.
- Chefs can accommodate preferences when given enough time to prepare an alternative plate (at least 48 hours notice). Please do not wait until a plate is placed in front of you. At that time we cannot guarantee on-the-spot replacements.
You are welcome to purchase alcoholic beverages at our restaurant stops. If you choose to order a beverage—or any item not within the scope of what is being served—simply order, pay for and tip the wait staff as you normally would.
- Tour is held rain or shine.
- This is a walking tour with sit-down stops along the way. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable shoes.
- We do not order from a menu. Please alert us to food allergies or preferences when you register.
- No refunds for cancellations within 48 hours of tour start time.
- Chef’s choice small plates are served throughout the afternoon so by the end of the tour you will have enjoyed enough food to replace a meal.
- Restaurant staff gratuity is covered.
- Guide gratuity is appreciated.
- Other questions? Let us know.
- Parking: Numerous public lots and side street parking available. Caution: some public parking spaces around the hotel have one or three-hour limits. Select the “Where to Meet & Park” tab to view the parking lot that is suggested for this tour.
We meet in the lobby of the St. Paul Hotel, located at 203 S. Market Street. Public parking is available on the same block as the hotel, at the south end of the block (look for the SoMar wine bar sign) with entry from S. Market. Please do not park in the hotel lot, which has an entrance via South Street.